Victoria's public transport network
Victoria’s public transport network comprises train, tram, bus and coach services. These services are provided by independent operators via contracts managed by Public Transport Victoria.
- Customer service charters: Victoria's major train and tram operators are required to provide commitments to protect the rights of passengers as part of their contracts with the State Government. These commitments are covered in Customer Service Charters that also include a compensation code for passengers.
- Fundraising and promotional activity on the network: There are a range of requirements and restrictions that apply when it comes to accessing the public transport network for community or professional activities.
- History: Track back to where public transport all began.
- Public transport partnership agreements: The public transport partnership agreements clearly outline the roles and responsibilities of the operators and Public Transport Victoria.
- Victorian Railway Crossing Safety Strategy: The Victorian Railway Crossing Safety Strategy 2018 to 2027 aims to save lives and reduce incidents at level crossings.