Reporting a railway crossing fault

The Victorian Government, through its agency VicTrack, owns the land and infrastructure associated with railway crossings.

Public transport operators are responsible for ongoing maintenance of railway crossings.

To report a fault with a railway crossing telephone:

  • 1800 001 050 for metropolitan railway crossings
  • 1800 013 007 for country railway crossings

Both numbers operate 24-hour and are toll-free. They are not emergency numbers and should only be used to report faults at level crossings.

For emergencies, telephone 000.